The Eager Beaver Program is designed to provide a wide range of recreational experiences for the youth of Abington at a minimum cost.
Please note changes for 2021
- All information is subject to change based on current state and local guidelines. Current, detailed information will be sent out the week before each session.
- No walk-ins will be allowed. Registration for each session will close the Friday before each session begins.
- Sessions must be paid in full the Friday before each session starts to be considered registered.
- Because of current COVID restrictions, children will be put into cohorts each session that will remain the same for the full 2 week session.
- We will NOT be able to accommodate single days or single weeks this year. You do not have to send your child everyday but we must keep the spot in the cohort open for them the full 2 weeks.
- We ask that vacations or out-of-state activities are planned for weeks when your child is not attending the program to limit the exposure. If you are not able to do so, please carefully monitor for systems upon returning and do not send you child to the program if they or anyone if your household is showing signs.
- Each two week session provides: various activities that will culminate on the second Friday of each session, so in essence each session will be somewhat different than the others.
- Early morning (8-9am) babysitting $50 per child per session
- Afternoon (4-5pm) babysitting $50 per child per session
- Camper ratio: 1-8
- Each child will receive a Free Eager Beaver T-shirt!
- The program will be based at Island Grove, but will utilize many of the various facilities around the town, in order to provide a broad scope of experiences.
- Children should be dropped off and picked up at the Park Avenue entrance to camp. Park Avenue runs between Centre Avenue and Central Street in Abington.
- If problems are more than routine, please contact Eager Beaver Program Director at registration.
- Please make checks payable & mail to: Abington Park & Recreation, 350 Summer St., Abington, MA 02351
- To Register for Before/After Care Click Here
Camp Fees Chart
$75 non-refundable deposit is required per child per session. The deposit will be applied to session fees. All remaining balances are due on the first day of each session.
Discounts for residents enrolling in more than one session.
Save up to $125 when you register for 4 sessions on or before June 15th
For children registering for more than one session:
| Total Sessions ||On or Before 6/15/2021||Rate||Savings |
| Two Sessions ||$520||$580||$60|
| Three Sessions ||$710||$800||$90|
| Four Sessions ||$870||$990||$125|
Typical Day Overview
- 9:00 - 11:00 - arts & crafts, activities based on theme
- 11:00 - 12:00 - swimming activities
- 12:00 - 1:00 - lunch, organized games
- 1:00 - 3:00 - track & field activities, outdoor games
- 3:00 - 3:45 - free swim
- 3:45-4:00 - Prepare for dismissal
- Field Trips TBA based on current state COVID guidelines.
- - Children will be split into cohorts that will remain the same for the entire 2 week session.
- - The "typical" day will look different this year and activities may not be in this order based on their cohort.
- - Everyone will swim at least once per day and have time for field activities, arts & crafts, and other usual games.
Campers Should Bring
1.) morning snack
2.) lunch (including a drink)
3.) swim suit (may be worn under clothes)
5.) sunscreen (please label your child's sunscreen)
5.) mask (we will have extra on hand but please pack and extra to have in case)